The references in this list are those referred to in the text of this website
- P B Hunt, D I Robertson, R D Bretherton and R I Winton: SCOOT - a traffic responsive method of coordinating signals. TRL Laboratory Report 1014. (1981).
- M C Bell and R D Bretherton: Ageing of fixed time traffic signal plans. Proceedings lEE Second International Conference of Road Traffic Control, London. (April 1986).
- D I Robertson and P B Hunt: Estimating the benefits of signal coordination using TRANSYT or SCOOT optimisation. Proceedings 53rd ITE Conference London. (August 1983).
- J Colyer: SCOOT from Scratch - Experience in Worcester. Proceedings PTRC Summer Annual Meeting, University of Sussex. (July 1985).
- R I Powell: SCOOT in Southampton. Proceedings of PTRC Summer Annual Meeting, University of Sussex. (July 1985).
- R D Bretherton, N B Hounsell and B Radia. Public Transport Priority in SCOOT, Proceedings of the 3rd World Congress on Intelligent Transport systems, USA, (October 1996).
- SCOOT Demonstration Project: Report to Transportation Department, Municipality of Metropolitan Toronto, (November 1993).
- M V Mazzamatti (et al). Benefits gained by responsive and adaptive systems in São Paulo. Proceedings IEE 9th international conference on Traffic monitoring and control. London. (April 1998).
- SCOOT Traffic Workshop. TRL, Crowthorne, Berkshire.
- R D Bretherton and G T Bowen: Recent enhancements to SCOOT - SCOOT Version 2.4 Proceedings 3rd International Conference on Road Traffic Control, IEE, London. (May 1990).
- K Wood and R T Baker: User guide to the "gating" method of reducing congestion in traffic networks controlled by SCOOT. (February 1995).
- G T Bowen and R D Bretherton. Latest Developments in SCOOT - version 3.1. Proceedings IEE 8th international conference on Traffic monitoring and control. London. (April 1996).
- D J Bowers and R D Bretherton: The ASTRID/INGRID incident detection system for urban areas. 2nd World Congress on Intelligent Transport Systems, Yokahama, Japan, Vol 1, pp 132-139 (1995).
- R D Bretherton, K Wood and G T Bowen. SCOOT Version 4. Proceedings IEE 9th international conference on Traffic monitoring and control. London. (April 1998).
- P Carden, N Hounsell, R D Bretherton. SCOOT - model accuracy. TRRL Contractors Report 153. (1989).